Let’s check what are some of the latest smoothie recipes. But first of all, what is a smoothie? A smoothie or smoothy is a drink that mixes fruits and/or vegetables with a liquid base. The base can be fruit juice, or dairy products such as milk, yogurt, ice cream, or even cottage cheese. Smoothies are thick, creamy beverages and I strongly believe they can be the perfect snack at any time of day without depending on the weather. So, let’s see what are some basic steps and ideas to make smoothies.
BASIC STEPS TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE
- Add the liquid base to the blender. Any type of milk will do the job (Almond milk, coconut milk etc. Preferably with no added sugar.). Fruit juice or even water will do the job just as well.
- Add any fruits or veggies. Even if you like spinach or other green vegetables you should put them in the blender.
- Add frozen fruits. My personal favourite is adding frozen strawberries or bananas.
- Then, you can add a topping if you want. If you like oats, or if you have protein powder in your nutrition, you can add them to the mix
- Blend the mix. Blend until it becomes smooth and it is ready to drink/serve it.
LATEST SMOOTHIE RECIPES; Everything you need to know
Latest smoothie recipes; What about ice cubes?
A lot of people, even you, might wonder if we should put ice cubes in the smoothie. I suggest using frozen fruit to both keep cold and thicken the smoothie. However, if you don’t have or don’t want to add frozen fruit, you can put one or two ice cubes into the blender to make your smoothie frosty and thick. I prefer using frozen fruit instead of ice cubes in order to keep the mix thick and not water it down. All in all, you should try different combinations to achieve the texture and temperature you like best.
Latest smoothie recipes; How to make it more sweet?
Many smoothies use frozen fruit as a base, and as a result, this adds a nice tone of sweetness to the mix. However, if you want to make your beverage even more sweet adding Marple syrup and honey might just do the trick. I wouldn’t suggest adding sugar to the mix since some of the fruits during blending might release natural sugars from within their cells, and that might end up being dangerous to your health.
How do we make are smoothies healthier?
You read above about the basic steps you have to follow to make a smoothie. Besides that, the smoothie recipes are simple and anyone can improvise. You can, also, add any greens and vegetables you want. Do you feel that some veggies or fruits that you have in your diet don’t match? You can simply make a smoothie with them and test it by yourself. You could also add oats and any other seeds or superfruits (click here to learn more about superfoods) you want to make it even more healthier. So, count on your imagination and you could be surprised.
But enough with these. Let’s see the latest smoothie recipes!
Mixed Berry Smoothie
For this smoothie we need; 450g bag frozen berry, 450g pot fat-free strawberry yogurt, 100ml milk, 25g porridge oat and 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
To make it blend the berries, yogurt, and milk with a stick blender until smooth. Stir through the porridge oats, then pour into 4 glasses and serve with a drizzle of honey, if you like.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries: you can substitute with any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe — cow’s milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
This is one of the easiest smoothies to make. Simply…
- Combine ingredients. Firstly, add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend. Pulse until smooth. (If your smoothie seems too thick, add in a bit of extra milk or water. If it seems too thin, add in more strawberries or bananas.)
- Serve. Then pour the smoothie into a serving glass or two…and enjoy!
Latest Vegan Smoothie recipes
You can also make a smoothie be vegan and it is super easy. You can use plant-based yogurt and almond or coconut milk and Marple syrup. The fruits still reaming the same. So lets see some vegan smoothie recipes.
Vegan Fruit Smoothie
Here’s a vegan smoothie full of fruit! A variety of fruits provide lots of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. You don’t even need milk or yogurt, just a lot of fruit mixed with water into a beautiful bright drink. Let’s see how to make it.
- 1 large green apple and1 banana
- 1 cup water
- and1 cup frozen pineapple or mango
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- Firstly, core the apple and cut it into chunks, leaving the skin on. Place it into the blender, followed by the banana, broken into chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping as necessary.
Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
This is a smoothie for the times of chocolate craving. This tasty recipe features strawberries, bananas, almond butter, and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ½ cup Old Fashioned oats (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¾ cup milk of choice (dairy, oat milk or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup ice
- For the garnish: 1 sprinkle chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Firstly, place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary and adding a little bit more milk if necessary.
- You can top it, in the end, with 1 tablespoon of chopped dark chocolate. Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days.
For more smoothie recipes, I suggest you clicked here.