Bees are of great importance for humanity and the continuation of the life of living things. They cooperate tremendously, leaving the same hive and returning to the same hive and producing honey within that hive. It is an example of an unparalleled craftsmanship in the world. They go through various stages in honey production phases. The last stage is the production of propolis. Propolis is a Greek word. The word means “protected area, city”. When a relationship is established between bees and this word, it is understood that it is a kind of substance made to protect honey. Propolis is a type of bee glue. It is a resinous combination produced by honey bees by combining saliva and beeswax with exudate from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. This article lists the health benefits of propolis and the five best recipes you can prepare with propolis.
Health Benefits of Propolis: Which Diseases Is Propolis Good For?
Experts doing scientific research on herbal treatments and solutions have concluded that propolis can be a solution for many diseases. It is said that propolis is effective in flu infections, skin infections, wart treatments, herpes complaints, regulating blood sugar, accelerating metabolism, reducing menopausal complaints and gingivitis.
Health Benefits of Propolis: What are the Benefits of Propolis to the Skin?
- In some cases, propolis is quite effective to treat the fungi reflected on the skin. A type of fungus called Candida can spread to the intestines and be reflected on the skin. Propolis is responsible for removing this fungus from your body.
- The virus that causes herpes is the Herpes virus. Propolis cures herpes in a short time by fighting this virus.
- If you are complaining about skin spots, you can remove these stains with propolis. When you make skin care with the oil obtained from propolis, dead cells will be cleaned in the stained area and new cell formation will begin.
- Propolis has a purifying effect on the skin.
- When consumed regularly, it will cleanse your skin with its antioxidant effect. It will destroy the oiliness and black spots on your skin.
- Propolis, which is used to heal wounds, shows its effect when used as oil. You can heal the irritated and injured areas with propolis.
What are the Benefits of Propolis to the Stomach? Health Benefits Of Propolis
- Ancient civilizations used propolis as a strong natural antibiotic. With its antibiotic effect, it will destroy the infections that occur in the stomach and intestines in a very short time. You can remove harmful bacteria from your intestines by using propolis without the need to use drugs for days.
- Candida fungus is a fungus that affects the intestines and skin. When you want to get rid of intestinal fungus, your remedy will be propolis.
- If you have a digestive system disorder, you can solve your digestive problems in the most natural way by consuming propolis.
- In some cases, it is preferred in ulcer treatments due to its balancing effect on stomach acids.
Health Benefits of Propolis: What are the Benefits of Propolis for Hair?
- When propolis oil is added to the shampoo, it eliminates the problem of dandruff. It helps you to have healthier hair by nourishing the scalp.
- Vitamins B1, B2 and E are necessary for healthy hair growth. Propolis is a substance rich in these vitamins. Since these vitamins will be met with regular consumption of propolis, your hair will grow faster and healthier.
- In cases where the scalp does not get air, your hair will start to fall out. When you use propolis by adding it to your shampoo or consuming it regularly, your scalp will start to breathe and renew itself. Thus, hair loss problems will also be eliminated.
Top 5 Recipes With Propolis
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 2 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1 thin slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh turmeric
- 10 drops of water-soluble propolis drops
Firstly, add honey to the warm water. Then, add ginger, turmeric and propolis in order. Mix it well. Finally, let it sit for 15 minutes.
Pollen and Oatmeal Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of oatmeal
- half a glass of milk
- 1 teaspoon of propolis hazelnut cocoa raw honey mixture
- 2-4 teaspoons of pollen
- 5 blueberries
- 5 raspberries
Firstly, mix the oats and milk in a jar overnight. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Then, add the other ingredients on top. Enjoy your meal!
Raw Honey Cookie Balls With Propolis
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of oat flour
- 10 persimmons
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 10 drops of water-soluble propolis
Firstly, soak ten persimmons in hot water. Remove their cores. Then, pass all the ingredients through the blender. After that, take small pieces from the mixture and shape them by rolling them with your hands. Finally, let it rest in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Honey and Chia Pudding
- 8 tablespoons of yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 liter of milk
- 4 tablespoons of oatmeal
- pistachio crumbs
- seasonal fruits
- honey, pollen and propolis
First, put chia seeds in a liter of milk and leave for 4 hours at room temperature. Add the oats to the fully swollen chia seeds and leave for an hour. Then, whisk the yogurt with an average of 4 tablespoons of honey. Add chia and oatmeal milk, which are well swollen in milk, and mix. After that, divide this mixture into small bowls. Finally, add seasonal fruits, honey, pollen, propolis and pistachio crumbs to decorate. Serve cold. Bon appetit!
Radish with Propolis and Raw Honey
- 1 black radish
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 10 drops of propolis
Firstly, cut off the head and inside of the radish. Then, add honey and propolis into the radish. After that, cover its head as a cover. Finally, leave it overnight. You can consume it the next morning.
References: Braakhuis A. Evidence on the Health Benefits of Supplemental Propolis. Nutrients. 2019 Nov 8;11(11):2705. doi: 10.3390/nu11112705. PMID: 31717277; PMCID: PMC6893770.
Do you like this article? For more articles like this, check here.